Prev: Re: Our choice of factions and models for games Next: Re: Our choice of factions and models for games

Re: Our choice of factions and models for games

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 09:27:06 +0000
Subject: Re: Our choice of factions and models for games

>[snipped lots of very valid stuff!]
>
>You can still have flavour in forces, you don't need to say 'only the
NAC
>have PTs' or 'only the French use SMs' or whatever. You can simply set
it
>up so that the standard builds for each faction reflect the various
>higher-level considerations that drive vehicle design. But that
shouldn't
>prohibit exceptions in small numbers.
>
>T.

I don't think I have ever said (or inferred) that the various FT
human powers don't (almost) all have access to the full spread of
human technology - I've always tried to be clear that it is doctrinal
differences that affect the use of certain systems by certain fleets
in preference to others, not the inability to build certain types.

I do agree with most of what you've written over the last few days,
Tom, and that is why, for example, I have actively resisted tying any
of the 15mm vehicle ranges to certain infantry forces - I'd rather
people chose their own forces, and no-one can then tell them  "you
can't use that hovertank with NAC troops, it's a NSL design..." (all
said with that annoying nasal whine, of course!).  ;-)

With the FT fleets, of course, the miniatures are much more
nation-specific - but that is really a commercial decision. I could
have made several fleets that looked almost identical apart from some
minor detail differences (as you point out, this is how real-world
wet navies appear), but I bet I wouldn't have sold anything like as
many....  ;-)

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: Our choice of factions and models for games Next: Re: Our choice of factions and models for games