Prev: Re: Discussion topic - rewriting (future) history....? Next: Re: Discussion topic - rewriting (future) history....?

Re: Discussion topic - rewriting (future) history....?

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 15:11:34 +0100
Subject: Re: Discussion topic - rewriting (future) history....?

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 08:37:30AM +0100, Ground Zero Games wrote:

>How do folks feel about "rewriting history", not in the Stalinist
>sense of course, but in terms of making some revisions and changes to
>a few of the events already written into the "canon" of the GZG
>universe?

Speaking only for myself: I think it's important to keep the core powers
substantially are they are in terms of flavours of national stereotype.
Specific detailed events are another matter. After all, the point of the
setting is to come up with situations in which powers can fight each
other fairly freely...

>So, if it was up to you, what would you change, if anything?

Use a reverse distance blur: "recent" events in game-time can be written
up in detail, but the earlier they get (closer to the present day) the
less and the more vaguely they're talked about. (This is also the policy
of the Transhuman Space line, set in 2100, and I think it's a good one.)

Roger