Prev: Celestica Next: Re: Space Geography

Re: Celestica

From: Randy Wolfmeyer <rwwolfme@g...>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 16:07:59 -0500
Subject: Re: Celestica

I'm working on double checking that it still works with their latest
version, but under the CelestiaResources directory there is a data
directory.  In there is a file named asterisms.dat - this is where it
stores
the constellations basically with the stars listed as a set of points in
line.  I basically made a backup copy of the original constellations,
and
then overwrote the file with my own :)	It makes it really nice for
being
able to get the 3D spatial relationships between different parts of the
map.

My map wasn't too complex, so I can just list it here (you can just cut
and
paste it right into the file.):

"Branch1"
[
[ "Sol" "TAU Cet" "82 Eri" "ZET Tuc" "HIP 80337" "HIP 91438"]
[ "82 Eri" "ZET2 Ret" ]
[ "ZET Tuc" "HIP 110109" "HIP 101997"]
[ "HIP 80337" "HIP 86796" ]
]

"Branch2"
[
[ "Sol" "SIG Dra" "HIP 117712" "HIP 8362" "TET Per" "IOT Per"]
[ "HIP 117712" "HIP 7918" "HIP 3093"]
[ "HIP 8362" "LAM Aur"]
[ "SIG Dra" "HIP 88972" "72 Her" "12 Oph"]
[ "HIP 88972" "HIP 85235"]
]

"Branch3"
[
[ "Sol" "BET CVn" "HIP 57443" "HIP 56452" "HIP 41926"]
[ "HIP 57443" "HIP 64924A"]
[ "BET CVn" "36 UMa" "47 UMa"]
[ "36 UMa" "HIP 43587" ]
]

To understand how it works, look at Branch1 (that's the "name" of the
constellation I made).	There is a line that runs from Sol to Tau Ceti
to 82
Eridani and so forth.  Then when I wanted another fork in that branch, I
started a line with 82 Eridani to Zeta2 Reticulli.