Prev: Re: [GZG] PAU Timeline Next: [GZG] Apology for invitation sent to the GZG list sent in error.

Re: [GZG] PAU Timeline

From: Peter Thoenen <peter.thoenen@y...>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 10:24:57 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] PAU Timeline

First time I am hearing about Operation Damocles (in any context) so
maybe it's old and I am late to the party but the first thing that
struck me with "Oh god, not another Starfleet Battles Operation Unity
clone"

-Peter

>    2193: The Siege of Sol begins. While the PAU is prepared to
commit the bulk of its forces to the defense of Earth and the Core
Worlds, behind the scenes, Universal Navy officials argue vehemently
with their UNSC counterparts

>over the PAU's proposed Operation Damocles, the launch of an
expeditionary fleet to take the battle to the Kra'vak. The UNSC insists
now is the time to insure the defense of the homeworlds and that a
counteroffensive can only take

> place after that. The PAU believes that the only way to lift the siege
is to threaten the Kra'vak's own home colonies. The UNSC rightly points
out the risk in this plan in that no one yet knows where the Kra'vak
home systems even are.

> >FSE, NSL, IJSF and NAC all decide to support the notion of an
expeditionary fleet and contribute forces. Comprised of vessels from all
major powers, the main military might of the expeditionary force
consists of ships from the PAU,

> IJSF, FSE and NAC, with the UNSC's major contribution being the elite
of its survey command, under Commodore Kaitlin Chavez, which will be
tasked with the difficult mission of searching for the Kra'vak's
homeworlds while under

> fire. Despite the Universal Navy's contributing the largest naval
contingent of the expeditionary force, UNSC Fleet Admiral Alonso Landry
is chosen to lead the combined fleet which slips out of Sol system late
in the year, jumping out

> to the rim and further still into the outer dark towards Kra'vak
space.

>    2194--A Time For Heroes
>
>    Operation Damocles:
>
>    The combined expeditionary fleet is under the command of UNSC
Fleet Admiral Alonso Landry aboard the Sol class Superdreadnought
Hyperion. His second-in-command is PAU Admiral Gunju Yakuba aboard the
Yambi class

> Superdreadnought Nthanda. The fleet's survey ships, including the
Visionary class Explorer Pioneer, are led by UNSC Commodore Kaitlin
Chavez. The Japanese have assigned the Scanner Pickets Fubuki and
Yukikaze to back up

> the stretched thin UNSC survey ships assigned to the mission. Carrier
operations are coordinated by the IJSF's Commodore Yosima Fujima, flying
his flag from the Akagi class Supercarrier Hosho, which has a full
contingent of

> multi-mode fighters. Fujima's second in command is the NAC's Captain
Andreas Bennett of the Inflexible class carrier RNS Invincible.
Invincible's torpedo bomber squadrons are renowned as the NAC's best.
The fleet's ground forces

> are organized around its two largest contingents: NSL Panzer
Grenadiers led by

Prev: Re: [GZG] PAU Timeline Next: [GZG] Apology for invitation sent to the GZG list sent in error.