Prev: [GZG] GZG: Phalanx APC Next: Re: [GZG] Sorry...

Re: [GZG] [SG2] FSE vehicles.

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 10:17:44 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] [SG2] FSE vehicles.

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 02:17:47AM -0400, Tom B wrote:

>ESU: Some smart folks working for some sort of antiquarian-thinking
>neo-communists. The ESU strikes me as having a fair number of grav
vehicles,
>but theirs will tend to be of more robust and simpler approach.

"Yeah, sure, it breaks down every day. But I can fix it in five minutes,
even with half the engine shot away. These things need to be maintained
by conscripts."

>NAC: They like heavy armour, good electronics and FC, moderate sized
weapons
>(maybe 1 class lower than the ESU) and things like Stealth, Decoys,
Jammers,
>recce drones, etc.

"I wanted to be a starship pilot, but I couldn't get into the Navy. If
it takes this many controls just to run an APC, how the hell do the
starship guys manage?"

>FSE: Again, they probably have all types of mobility.

"So the Foudroyant broke down, and we didn't have any grav modules in
stock. But some bright spark noticed we still had a spare lower hull
from the Tarantellas we'd upgraded last year, and that runs off EUBus
Four same as the Foudroyants. So now we're a grav cavalry unit with
eight floaters and one walker."

>NSL: I see the NSL as being highly mobile (relatively speaking).

"Not so much 'speed is armour' as 'get in, blow them up, and get out,
before they've noticed you're there'. We leave the heavy armour to the
fleet boys."

>UNSC: In the early going, an ineffectual (under budgeted) mix of gear
bought
>from competitors and national government's hand-me-downs. Later on,
their
>own home brew gear and ending up being some of the most advanced in
human
>space.

///human recognised, identified as reporter
///threat level 1 - probably harmless
"Greetings, organic life form. How may I be of assistance?"

Prev: [GZG] GZG: Phalanx APC Next: Re: [GZG] Sorry...