Prev: Re: [GZG] PAU Miniatures sans A Sad Day Next: [GZG] Excel spreadsheet ship builder?

Re: [GZG] PAU Miniatures

From: James Butler <jlbutler3@y...>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 16:00:10 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] PAU Miniatures

Honestly--I'd like to see a full line of PAU ships. After all the Fleet
Book says "Five
built-to-order Rostovs were exported to the Pan African Union between
2178 and 79, to form the major battleline strength of the PAU's
rapidly-expanding and modernising navy..."

      Rapidly-expanding and modernising navy implies to me at least
that the ship purchases were to build up a fleet more quickly and so the
PAU can and is building its own ships at the same time as its purchasing
ships from nearby powers, certainly there's a historical precedent for
that. Not to mention of course, that a full PAU line would be another
fleet for GZG to sell.

      I suppose I should say I'm grateful there even IS a PAU in
this background. Too often in science fiction, people forget about
Africa altogether or treat it like some permanent third-world quagmire.
The only other place I've seen anything close is the Nigerian starship
in the BBC series Hyperdrive (a really fun episode of a great series by
the way).

     James!