Prev: [GZG] A Sad Day Next: Re: [GZG] FT Rounding

Re: [GZG] FT Rounding

From: Hugh Fisher <laranzu@o...>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 08:26:22 +1100
Subject: Re: [GZG] FT Rounding

>Hi all,
>
>How does rounding of mass when designing FT ships officially work?
>
>e.g., if I have a mass 22 ship, with thrust 4 and FTL drives, this
>comes to 4.4 mass for the thrust, and 2.2 for the FTL.
>
>I add all percentage masses together (to give, e.g., 6.6) then
>round any fractions up. Designs I've seen on the Star Ranger site
>gives a total mass of 6 for the above example however (I'm guessing
>both have been rounded down, to give 4 + 2).
>
>An example in the Fleet Book rounds halves up, but doesn't appear
>to say what to do with smaller fractions.

 From section 11.2 in Cross Dimensions:

...some system masses may not be whole numbers. Some of
these will be rounded up and some down: in general terms,
decimals of .49 and less should be rounded down, while
those of .5 or higher should be rounded up.

Cross Dimensions isn't official, but that particular
bit comes straight from the original rules.

So as you guessed, both the drive and the FTL mass are
individually rounded, for 4 + 2 = 6.

	cheers,
	Hugh

Prev: [GZG] A Sad Day Next: Re: [GZG] FT Rounding