Prev: [GZG] FW: Finished Painting! Next: Re: [GZG] From GZG - Final SALUTE update....

[GZG] From GZG - Final SALUTE update....

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 00:36:04 +0100
Subject: [GZG] From GZG - Final SALUTE update....

FINAL PRE-SALUTE UPDATE!
Well, it's now midnight on Thursday 14th, and all the casting that
can be done is finished. Tomorrow morning (Friday), everything gets
loaded into the van and it's off to EXCEL for the show!
The news on the stock situation for the show is that I've managed to
get plenty of 15mm stuff done, so that should all be OK. We will also
have good stocks of the most popular FT fleets, though availability
of some of the older and/or minor power fleets may be rather patchy.
For 25mm figures we will have a good selection of ready-packed
blisters of Stargrunt figures, though some of the codes that we still
sell as single figures may be limited or out of stock - I'm afraid
that time simply beat me as far as they were concerned, and that is
also the situation for the 6mm and 2mm lines - I didn't even have
time to look at them, let alone cast any, so I'm going with what is
currently in the stock drawers; some codes will be available, some
won't. Apologies in advance for any disappointment this may cause,
but there just wasn't enough time available to restock everything!

Now, the very GOOD news is that there are some NEW RELEASES! Now that
they are finally done I can give you some hints as to what they are -
I didn't want to mention specifics before in case some things didn't
mould properly and had to be delayed.
So, at the show we will have stocks of all the following:

1) THREE NEW PACKS of UNSC-LIGHT troops - a Command/Comms pack, a
pack of prone riflemen and GMS/P operators, and a support weapons
pack with GMS/L teams and Gauss HAMR teams! I know a lot of you have
been waiting for these for ages, and I'm very happy that they are
finally available.
2) The HOVER TRUCK that we previewed a while ago, available in open
pickup or closed van versions - great as a civilian or military
vehicle, and the open version can take any of our standard weapon
mount fitments (as used on the Bulldog trucks).
3) A new MEDIUM HOVER TANK, using the Rommel hull but with an all-new
manned turret in place of the Rommel's remote cannon mount. A
slightly more "conventional" tank type than the Rommel, and a little
larger than the old V15-15A, this should be a good addition to any
hover-mobility force. Supplied complete with commander figure and
three gun barrel options.
4) A new variant of our popular 8-wheel AFV family, this time as a
rocket artillery support vehicle with a 6-round MRL box on the rear
deck; the same MRL unit is also available as a GROUNDMOUNT version.
5) In the same "family" of vehicles as the 8-wheelers, we have a cut
-down version as a 6-wheel light AFV type - very useful for recon and
scout roles - available now in light APC and MICV versions, with
several more variants to come!
6)...and finally, after a VERY long wait  necessitated by several
stages of redesign work to get it just how I wanted it, we have THE
CRUSTY MECHA! Some heavy support for those loveable (and popular)
little crustaceans, this impressive unit stands about 60mm tall -
you're going to need a bigger bottle of cocktail sauce....

So, there we go. I haven't had time to take any pictures of the new
items yet, so I'm afraid that will have to wait till after the show.
Hope to see lots of you there on Saturday!

PLEASE do read the info in my last update, especially the bits about
PRICES (all stock at the show will be at the old PRE-INCREASE
PRICES!) and credit cards - sorry, but for technical reasons we can't
take them at the show this year - it's CASH ONLY on the day, but
there are cash machine easily available within ExCel.

Oh, and I nearly forgot - we'll have some FREE FIGURES there too -
FREE 15mm samples, no catch and no purchase necessary - just come
along and pick a few up while they last!

All the best - I'm off to get a few hours of sleep before loading the
van.  :-)

Jon, 14/4/11.

Prev: [GZG] FW: Finished Painting! Next: Re: [GZG] From GZG - Final SALUTE update....