Prev: Re: [GZG] Ye olde - Babylon 5 counters Next: Re: [GZG] Hugh's New Fighter/Point Defence rules

Re: [GZG] Hugh's New Fighter/Point Defence rules

From: Hugh Fisher <laranzu@o...>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 21:02:02 +1100
Subject: Re: [GZG] Hugh's New Fighter/Point Defence rules

>Well, I was describing about where we found the balance where you
>could reasonably protect yourself from fighters without giving up
>much of your ship-to-ship armament.  I might add that the GZGverse's
>conventions about fighters being deployed only from
>rarely-encountered capital ships aren't the only ones we scrapped
>when we went our own way.  The main other one that got abandoned is
>the one where GZGverse ships typically devote around 65-70% of their
>ship mass to non-weapon systems (i.e. hull, drives, armor, and
>screens).

OK, we're going to have to agree to disagree. I don't
particularly want to change salvo missiles. There are
problems with plasma bolts, but I already suspected that.

My priority is to change the fighter/point defence rules
for games where Fleet Book 1 and the new human fleets on
Star Ranger are typical. People who play very different
styles of FT can adapt them or ignore them as before.

I'd really like people to try these rules with FB1/new
human fleets against say, Cylon Basestars and let me
know what they think. Anyone? (Doesn't have to be right
away either, I'm going to leave these on my website for
a couple of months at least.)

	cheers,
	Hugh

Prev: Re: [GZG] Ye olde - Babylon 5 counters Next: Re: [GZG] Hugh's New Fighter/Point Defence rules