Prev: Re: [GZG] Gzg-l Digest, Vol 37, Issue 24 Next: Re: [GZG] Gzg-l Digest, Vol 37, Issue 24

Re: [GZG] Gzg-l Digest, Vol 37, Issue 24 (Ground Zero Games)

From: Andy Skinner <andyskinner@r...>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 11:10:52 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Gzg-l Digest, Vol 37, Issue 24 (Ground Zero Games)

>   However, even in a story-driven design intent, it's
>   important to me that things be balanced points-wise,
>   so that pitting X points of Design-Theory-A against
>   Design-Theory-B makes for a good scrap.

I'd agree with one extra note: Design Theory A must be accompanied by
Strategy/Tactics A, and similarly for B.  If you design for A, but don't
command your fleet to take advantage of it, A shouldn't be worth its
points.  This just means that the points for a design approach should
assume optimal usage of that approach in the battle.

So now there is the necessity of not allowing the design approaches to
negate each other just by choosing them before the battle, while still
allowing tactical decisions to change the relative worth of the
approaches.  That's the point of decision-making in the game, I think.

andy

Prev: Re: [GZG] Gzg-l Digest, Vol 37, Issue 24 Next: Re: [GZG] Gzg-l Digest, Vol 37, Issue 24