Prev: Re: [GZG] Gzg-l Digest, Vol 37, Issue 24 Next: Re: [GZG] Gzg-l Digest, Vol 37, Issue 24

Re: [GZG] Gzg-l Digest, Vol 37, Issue 24

From: Ken Hall <khall39@y...>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 20:05:56 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Gzg-l Digest, Vol 37, Issue 24

that I understand it (and I'm not a physicist either), the issue is that
a ship in vacuum basically has to provide the matter to serve as its own
blast front. Compared to the volume of space and the distance scale (as
John Atkinson illustrated in his example), even a very large ship
doesn't provide enough matter to cause a lot of blast damage to nearby
ships/craft. Of course, I Could Be Wrong(tm).

Best,
Ken