Prev: Re: [GZG] Tomorrows War Next: Re: [GZG] Tomorrows War

Re: [GZG] Tomorrows War

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 17:12:39 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] Tomorrows War

>Thanks, James! I saw the link on TMP's home page, and didn't make the
>St.^^^ Jon connection...
>
>Well, you can hope that the outside work will benefit Stargrunt or the
>skirmish game the way The Babylon Project ship rules helped with FT2.5,
but
>I'd think he needs to work on his home rules, which tend to bring
people to
>the minis that seem to be his main income. It's getting tiresome
defending
>old rulesets  against the latest and greatest to some rude fanboy.
>
>I still prefer FT any else I've tried; I'm just saying it could stand
some
>real stretching, especially in the areas of ship design.
>
>However, he hasn't told me how to run my shop, so I should probably
take
>back anything that looks like I'm advising his on business model.
>
>Doug

I think there may be some confusion here, possibly because of the way
the TMP news item has been worded - I have not had ANY input into
designing or writing Tomorrow's War - all I've done for  them is to
write a brief half-page INTRODUCTION for the book, because Shawn from
AA asked me to. Shawn likes SGII and our minis, I like his rules, and
it's a mutually beneficial arrangement.  :-)

Right now I don't seem to have any time at all for work on rules
(something that I keep hoping will change at some point in the
future, but it hasn't yet....). While that situation persists, I'm
more than happy to give recommendation and support to quality
projects like the TW rules, which will feature quite a lot of nice
pics of our 15mm stuff and will thus be an excellent promotional and
marketing tool for us - just like having our stuff featured in Future
War Commander and other sets like Robin Fitton's forthcoming "Gruntz".

Hope that clears up any misunderstandings?  ;-)

Best,

Jon (GZG)