Prev: Re: [GZG] Gzg-l Digest, Vol 37, Issue 12 Next: Re: [GZG] C-IED/COIN in SGII/DSII

Re: [GZG] C-IED/COIN in SGII/DSII

From: Mike Stanczyk <stanczyk@p...>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 10:12:23 -0600 (MDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] C-IED/COIN in SGII/DSII

  --- On Thu, 9/9/10, Roger Burton West <roger@firedrake.org> wrote:
> Depends entirely on the tech. Most batteries aren't capable of dumping
> their entire energy capacity in a few seconds - there's no need for
it,

Yep.  But have you seen some of the charge/discharge rates on upcoming
battery tech?  Scary.

On Thu, 9 Sep 2010, Ken Hall wrote:
> Capacitor?

I was thinking more of Larry Niven's molecular-distortion battery:
"I saw the white flash of a molecular-distortion battery rupturing among
the explosions, a big one near full charge.  Not many near that would
survive."

Mike

Prev: Re: [GZG] Gzg-l Digest, Vol 37, Issue 12 Next: Re: [GZG] C-IED/COIN in SGII/DSII