Prev: Re: [GZG] Hey anybody seen the list admin lately? Next: Re: [GZG] Hey anybody seen the list admin lately?

Re: [GZG] [sg2] Monstrous Creatures

From: Damond Walker <damosan@g...>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 08:11:27 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] [sg2] Monstrous Creatures

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 1:07 PM, Tom B <kaladorn@gmail.com> wrote:

> You can treat them as a vehicle (minus bailout) and give them higher
armour
> and use the minor penetration/major penetration to determine how many
wounds
> to give them on a hit (but I wouldn't unless they were very large or
> metallic allow GMS to track them).

I like the idea of treating them as vehicles with a few tweaks here
and there to make them a bit more survivable than your standard SG2
vehicle.  Treating the biguns as a vehicle makes them an easy target
and requires support weapons to take them down (assuming armor 2).
That kind of fits the mental picture of a 20' tall chitonous
monstrosity hauling it across the table.  That and it gives me an
excuse to paint up my DLD tanks.  :)

Causing terror is also a win for the alien horde.  Close combat will
be tricky for whatever opponent they choose.  If it takes support
weapons to wound them your standard infantry squad may be faced with
the prospect of displacing instead of being charged by the monster.

> One miniature I love, and would buy one or more of for my Kravak if I
could
> find them cheap, is the older metal GW Carnifexes.

The old screamer Carnifex?  I have three of the previous gen Carnies
and they're pretty huge.

D.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Hey anybody seen the list admin lately? Next: Re: [GZG] Hey anybody seen the list admin lately?