Prev: Re: [GZG] Game designer Charles S Roberts passes Next: Re: [GZG] Game designer Charles S Roberts passes

Re: [GZG] Game designer Charles S Roberts passes

From: Tom B <kaladorn@g...>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 15:19:21 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Game designer Charles S Roberts passes

me a copy of Air Superiority but I haven't had a chance to
try it yet. He thought highly of it.

Air War... yeah... sitting in the box since the early 1980s. Moved
several
times. Not opened.

It did only two really useful things for my knowledge of air warfare:

a) explained the importance of maintaining energy and having energy
advantage
b) demonstrated very clearly that all-aspect missiles are far better
than
rear-arc-only missiles

Other than that, it was mostly just vexatious.

>From a computer game PoV, the most fun I've had in flying games has
been:

a) WW1 Combat in biplanes and triplanes
b) Flying an A-10 in various games (love that plane with its odd
nose-heavy
plunges, low speed passes, great tank busting tools, and ability to take
ground fire)
c) Comanche or Apache flying against Soviet tanks

I think my heart lies in the mud, or at least flying over it low enough
suck leaves into the intakes. I leave the dogfights to the jet-jockey
wannabees. :0)

Tomb

PS - Has everyone checked out Sikorsky's new helo that is trying to
break a
speed record (trying to get 480-490 kph)? It's a wierd one that should
inspire a 1/300th VTOL design from Jon T. It has a coaxial counter
rotating
rotor system along with a pusher prop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIgUV1wAs5g&feature=related

Prev: Re: [GZG] Game designer Charles S Roberts passes Next: Re: [GZG] Game designer Charles S Roberts passes