Prev: Re: [GZG] Gzg-l Digest, Vol 35, Issue 9 Next: Re: [GZG] Gzg-l Digest, Vol 35, Issue 9

Re: [GZG] Gzg-l Digest, Vol 35, Issue 9

From: Indy <indy.kochte@g...>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 15:20:53 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Gzg-l Digest, Vol 35, Issue 9

<gzg-l-request@mail.csua.berkeley.edu>
> wrote:
>
> > So are takeing into consideration say smartgun links, eg point the
dot in
> the helmet hud at the target.
> > I dont think you can say that because you cant run and fire with
current
> weapons doesnt mean you
> > wont be able too with future personnel weapons.
> >
> > How much kick would a laser or emp gun have.
>
> You've never actually fired a weapon, have you?
>
> When you run, you are moving up and down--and tiny variations in the
> position of the muzzle translate into large deviations in the position
> of the bullet 100m downrange.
>
> You can run and fire with lots of weapons, but you aren't going to hit
> shit except by accident.

He's talking future weapons, not contemporary. Take into consideration
the
evolution of the tank. When it was first fielded, shooting while moving
accuracy was pretty dismal. Nowadays, shooting while moving is pretty
realistic. Who's to say in 50-100 years hence infantrymen won't have the
same or similar technological capabilities? We're not trying to model
combat
in 2020 here (well, okay, maybe some are :-D ).

Mk

Prev: Re: [GZG] Gzg-l Digest, Vol 35, Issue 9 Next: Re: [GZG] Gzg-l Digest, Vol 35, Issue 9