Prev: Re: [GZG] FMAS: Combining Movement with Shooting Next: Re: [GZG] FMAS: Combining Movement with Shooting

Re: [GZG] FMAS: Combining Movement with Shooting

From: Tom B <kaladorn@g...>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 18:11:12 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] FMAS: Combining Movement with Shooting

shifts.

I find in the game, because your highest die or dice matter, that
shifting
down only one of the dice of die types still leaves efficacy of fire as
you
can still heap up suppressions if your QD is even so so.

FP DOWN shifts with a high QD ---> negligible chances to do actual
wounding,
still a high suppression chance - you change the balance of suppression
vs.
wounds.

If you split out the shifts, you get a reduction in overall efficacy,
but
you don't get as much of a change in the balance of suppression vs.
wounds.

So, in one case, let's say you are rolling D10/D10 vs. a target of 5.

Your odds of suppression are about 75% and your odds of wounding about
25%.
That's about 3:1 suppression to wounds.

If you DOWNshift 2 on FP:

Your odds of suppression are about 35/60 (call it 60%) but your odds of
wound drop to about 8%, so your ration here is about 7.5:1.

If you split the shifts, you'd have

D8/D8 vs. 5 === Suppression 39/64 = 60%, Wound = 14%  = 4.25:1	(not as
good
as 3:1, but much better than 7.5:1)

Splitting shifts maintians the proportionality of Suppression to wounds
better (I think). That's why I like the notion.

Yes, it does seem like a new idea.

T.

Prev: Re: [GZG] FMAS: Combining Movement with Shooting Next: Re: [GZG] FMAS: Combining Movement with Shooting