Prev: [GZG] [OT] Re: Ginger Next: Re: [GZG] [OT] Re: Ginger

Re: [GZG] [OT] Re: Ginger

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 07:57:04 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OT] Re: Ginger

As I said, in this way madness lies...

Firstly, I'd have to say, in spite of my confusion, it's English, and am
perfectly willing to give deference to whatever the English come up
with,
in spelling or pronunciation or usage.

Secondly, it's all really moot what a group of Brits, Oz, and North
Americans say about it. I'm pretty certain we comprise a small minority
of
English speakers in the world.

The_Beast

PS Not to put a damper on your love, but the other bigoted derivation I
googled up for 'ginger' was the rhyming slang of 'ginger beer' for
'queer'.
I really was quite desperate for an alternative that would fit. Now, I'm
just trying to forget.

Prev: [GZG] [OT] Re: Ginger Next: Re: [GZG] [OT] Re: Ginger