Prev: [GZG] Gingers Re: GZG official news - we've moved premises! Next: Re: [GZG] GZG official news - we've moved premises!

Re: [GZG] GZG official news - we've moved premises!

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@h...>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 12:07:02 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] GZG official news - we've moved premises!

> I wouldn't say it's common in North America.

It's common *enough* that South Park didn't feel the need to explain. I
don't hear it in common parlance, though. :-)

> Go down south and ask for a Coke and they will ask you what kind you
want
> and not just diet - 7-Up, Dr Pepper, Mountain Dew, etc. Not even the
sub
> sandwich is called the same thing across the states.

This just barely touches that iceberg. I have raging "discussions" about
this with my 11 year old stepson. He rolls his eyes and argues
vehemently
over the pronunciation of the word "puma" (is it "P-YOO-ma" or is it
"POO-ma"?).

Heck, I didn't even know it was okay to spell "pyjamas" in the U.S. with
an
"a" instead of a "y"!

--
Allan Goodall		 http://www.hyperbear.com