Prev: Re: [GZG] A number of scientists respond to Hawking's concernsabout Aliens Next: Re: [GZG] A number of scientists respond to Hawking's concernsabout Aliens

Re: [GZG] A number of scientists respond to Hawking's concernsabout Aliens

From: emu2020@c...
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 17:33:03 +0000 (UTC)
Subject: Re: [GZG] A number of scientists respond to Hawking's concernsabout Aliens

If we assume a purely human frame of mind, which is really the best
point of view we have to work fro, then yes, aliens might have
anthropological,xonological interest in us. But this is assuming they
care about such things. An alien mindset might not even regard other
species as species, regardless of their accomplishments. This could be
from purely perceptual reasons or anything from religious, cultural or
even blatent pre judicial reasons.

Now, I'm not one of those "Watch the skies sorts" who thinks all aliens
are out to get us but I was growing a bit tired of the fluffy cloud
attitude toward aliens that I was reading/hearing among the thinking
folks out there :)

-Eli