Prev: Re: [GZG] a peek from FT3 on fighters/ordnance (was: Re: FT:XD changes, part 1) Next: Re: [GZG] a peek from FT3 on fighters/ordnance (was: Re: FT:XD changes, part 1)

Re: [GZG] a peek from FT3 on fighters/ordnance (was: Re: FT:XD changes, part 1)

From: Tom B <kaladorn@g...>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 21:01:36 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] a peek from FT3 on fighters/ordnance (was: Re: FT:XD changes, part 1)

work, but I'll try to find some time to give these fighter
rules a whirl. Don't expect feedback quick, but I'll add it onto the
queue
because it seems to have some interesting aspects.

I need to be sure I understand something:

PDS can attack any target in range (not just those attacking). ADS
ditto,
only with longer range. Yes?

ADS should be "Area Defense System". Actually, if PDS can attack things
not
attacking it, calling it a point defense system may be a little
inaccurate.
Hmmm.

Perhaps:
Area Defense System and Wide Area Defense System? (ADS and WADS?) Or
Long
Range ADS? (LRADS or contracted to LRDS which you know the Brits would
pronounce "Lords")

That's all nomenclature, but if it can engage over an area without the
precursor requirement of an attack being launched by the fighters, then
it
isn't point defense IMO.

Looking forward to trying some of this stuff out. Not sure how it will
make
small fighter contingents feel though.

Tom B