Prev: Re: [GZG] FT:XD changes, part 1 Next: Re: [GZG] FT:XD changes, part 1

Re: [GZG] FT:XD changes, part 1

From: Eric Foley <stiltman@t...>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 16:35:09 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] FT:XD changes, part 1

-----Original Message-----
>From: Damond Walker <damosan@gmail.com>
>[...]
>This is the trap of a points system - while there may be a good
>solution out there somewhere the minute you get it out to the genpop
>someone will break it.
>
>You are always going to have edge cases that will break a system.  For
>me the fleet books set the tone for my games and designs so I was
>never really concerned about the system's edge cases.

Yeah.  I agree completely.  If people are willing to agree on about how
many fighters they want their game to have, we don't need to have this
conversation.  I think it's pretty much necessary in playing with FB1
ships with strangers; I'm only throwing out the logistics limit as a way
to keep the rules lawyers at bay and still have the fleet book ships
"make sense".  On the other hand, if you want to take all the gloves off
with custom ships with no such limitations (implied or quantified), I
think it needs to be implicitly understood that the winning ships won't
look like the stuff in the fleet books.

Prev: Re: [GZG] FT:XD changes, part 1 Next: Re: [GZG] FT:XD changes, part 1