Prev: Re: [GZG] FT:XD changes, part 1 Next: Re: [GZG] FT:XD changes, part 1

Re: [GZG] FT:XD changes, part 1

From: John Tailby <john_tailby@x...>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 22:52:11 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] FT:XD changes, part 1

________________________________
From: Hugh Fisher <laranzu@ozemail.com.au>
To: gzg-l@mail.csua.berkeley.edu

I'd like to see fighter attacks divided up by carrier into
waves. PDS fire gets divided among the groups in a wave, but
a ship under attack by multiple waves gets to fire PDS at
each.

This doesn't make any sense to me and looks really hard to maintain in
practice. You seem to be saying that fighters from two different
carriers can't combine together to attack one carrier. This seems like
an odd attempt to fix something that isn't working with the rules.. Why
can't I "stack" ordnance markers from source into a wave and make a
combined attack regardless of source.

it also gets way worse if you include missiles. Do you allow PDS to fire
at missiles and fighters in the same turn? What happens if a ship is
attacked by missiles from one ship and fighters from another? What
happens if they both come from the same ship?

Also what does allowing PDS to fire at multiple attackers in the same
turn do to the ballance with the scatter pack. Does the scatter pack get
to fire at all attackers in one turn and then count as used up? If not
it suddenly becomes much less valuable than a PDS.

I think that fundamentally the problem with fighters is that they are
too effective agaisnt ships. I think you get a much better game if you
drop fighters and make people chose between interceptors and torpedo
bombers. People then have to chose what proportion they want and
then plan on how to make an effective strike.

Prev: Re: [GZG] FT:XD changes, part 1 Next: Re: [GZG] FT:XD changes, part 1