Prev: Re: [GZG] FT:XD changes, part 1 Next: Re: [GZG] FT:XD changes, part 1

Re: [GZG] FT:XD changes, part 1

From: Phillip Atcliffe <atcliffe@n...>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 07:08:05 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] FT:XD changes, part 1

Hugh Fisher wrote:
> * Point defence:
> In FT:XD I allowed ships with ADFCs to fire at fighter groups
> loitering nearby and not actually attacking. In 1.1 I'm planning to
> take this out. Will anyone notice?
Oh, yes. One gripe I have with FT of whatever version is that the ADFC
is the only way for "escorts" to engage fighters attacking something
like a convoy, but they can only do it if the fighters come in for a run

on their targets, so picket boats and like defensive strategies can't
work. There are some genres and universes where that is a severe
limitation, so the idea of a properly-equipped ship being able to engage

fighters in range regardless of what they're doing is very attractive.
Keep it.

Phil

Prev: Re: [GZG] FT:XD changes, part 1 Next: Re: [GZG] FT:XD changes, part 1