Prev: Re: [GZG] New Toys for Salute Next: Re: [GZG] New Toys for Salute

Re: [GZG] New Toys for Salute

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@h...>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 11:22:16 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] New Toys for Salute

> Allen:
>
> "If you want to go the scratch built route, N scale is a little on the
> small size, but N scale tend to look about right (maybe slightly big)
for
> the ground scale, depending on the rules, of course. I actually liked
the
> effect, but some people might be put off."
>
> Did you mistake on repeating 'N scale', or am I just being dense? Ok,
not
> mutually exclusive...

I left out a piece.

I meant to say, "If you want to go the scratch built route, N scale is a
little on the small size *compared to the figure scale*, but N scale
tends
to look about right (maybe slightly big) for the ground scale, depending
on
the rules, of course. I actually liked the effect, but some people might
be
put off."

In other words, for the rules I was using N scale houses looked okay
(not
oddly huge) compared to the ground scale, while they were a little small
compared to the scale of the figures.

To add a little more, there are some items where HO Scale works fine for
15mm. Things like fences and trees look okay in 15mm. HO scale trees are
probably the most universal piece of terrain you can get. They come in
various sizes, so they work great from 40mm down to 6mm (though you
might
not want 8" pines on your 6mm game board...)

Allan

--
Allan Goodall		 http://www.hyperbear.com
awgoodall@gmail.com

Prev: Re: [GZG] New Toys for Salute Next: Re: [GZG] New Toys for Salute