Prev: Re: [GZG] Dirtside and StarGrunt opportunities on Mercury Next: Re: [GZG] Dirtside and StarGrunt opportunities on Mercury

Re: [GZG] Dirtside and StarGrunt opportunities on Mercury

From: "david" <david@s...>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 15:26:01 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] Dirtside and StarGrunt opportunities on Mercury

mailto:hansuke@gmail.com]
>  hansuke@gmail.com> wrote:
>  What are we fighting for? Ask me, cause I do give a...

In the old boardgame Battlefleet Mars, the one with the board which
marked out orbital tracks for each of the planets, Mercury made a great
place to base a fleet because its short orbital period meant that every
few turns it was close enough to Earth to launch a quick assault. Mars
comes into opposition once in something over a year, and Jupiter may not
come around in the course of the game, but Mercury was back every three
months. So a base there, even if it was just a token force, kept the
Earth on its toes.