Prev: Re: [GZG] Giving thanks... Next: [GZG] Starship painting guide video.

Re: [GZG] Giving thanks...

From: Damond Walker <damosan@g...>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 06:54:03 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Giving thanks...

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 5:34 PM,  <tagalong@chariot.net.au> wrote:

> Right you want a GW rant do you? they call it 40k for one reason thats
the average cost of a
> 2000pt army.lol

Close but not quite accurate.  Folks beat on GW all the time for their
prices yet Foundry stuff is pretty darn expensive.  If I look at my
entire collection of minis (which I loath to do sometimes) I have lots
of GW but I also have lots of everything else.	At the end of the day
it isn't cost that keeps me from buying something it's if I like the
mini or not.

> I wonder if those Wargames factory plastic Sci Fi troopers in great
coats will bring over more
> players to Stargruntand other sci fi systems, because you can only use
GW figures for GW games.

I can't speak for all GW types but in my local area the GW folks tend
to cling to their minis as if their life depended on it.  So I doubt
it.  I, on the other hand, have no problem using GW minis with SG2.  I
like the 40k fluff and SG2 lets you actually model some of that.  If
Space Marines are supposed to be uber-elites I can make them that way.
 I can also create elite IG squads...

D.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Giving thanks... Next: [GZG] Starship painting guide video.