Prev: [GZG] [CON] Two weeks to ECC XIII Next: Re: [GZG] Two weeks to ECC XIII (Jon Davis)

[GZG] Yamato style fighter teleporters?

From: Eric Foley <stiltman@t...>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 11:31:43 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
Subject: [GZG] Yamato style fighter teleporters?

Has anyone ever tried modelling anything like the Gamilon fighter
transporters in the first two seasons of Yamato/Star Blazers?  I've been
pondering how (and whether) to do anything like this, and I guess in
some ways it models itself well enough with FTL-capable fighters if you
allow them to do on-board jumps.  I guess I'm thinking of a device that
might be around mass 4-6 and has a certain limit on how many fighters it
can transport in one blast, or else it has a projected cone similar to
what's depicted in the show where all fighters within this area are
moved.	Presumably there'd be accuracy issues on the other end for where
they come up.

Anybody have any thoughts?

Prev: [GZG] [CON] Two weeks to ECC XIII Next: Re: [GZG] Two weeks to ECC XIII (Jon Davis)