Prev: Re: [GZG] Fiction - Night Flights Next: Re: [GZG] Weird Ideas and other games...

Re: [GZG] Weird Ideas and other games...

From: Bryan <brakeb@g...>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 08:47:04 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] Weird Ideas and other games...

On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 16:31, Allan Goodall <agoodall@hyperbear.com>
wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 3:09 PM, Evyn MacDude <infojunky@ceecom.net>
wrote:

>> So have any of y'all considered converting the Tuffy'verse to Savage
>> Worlds?
>>

> I've thought of doing the Tuffleyverse as an RPG. I was thinking of
one of
> the open source game systems (Mongoose Traveller, for instance) or a
system
> of my own that I've been working on.

I ran the beginning of a campaign in FUDGE that had the PCs meeting
the Sa'Vasku in a "first contact" kind of thing.  It went really well.
 I mixed them with the "Orz" from the Star Controller series of games
in that you'll never get a precise translation.  In the game, the PCs
investigated an asteroid that was threatening the new space station
built around Enceladus, and the Sa'Vasku rescued them after they
became trapped in the asteroid.  I had planned for the PCs to find out
from the Sa'Vasku that the Kra'Vak were sweeping across known space,
being all Borg-like and enslaving worlds.  I was going to have ship to
ship battles, and eventually the players would have to manage task
forces in addition to playing someone in the fleet...

Prev: Re: [GZG] Fiction - Night Flights Next: Re: [GZG] Weird Ideas and other games...