Prev: [GZG] Weird Ideas and other games... Next: [GZG] Fiction - Night Flights

Re: [GZG] Weird Ideas and other games...

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@h...>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 16:31:06 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] Weird Ideas and other games...

> So have any of y'all considered converting the Tuffy'verse to Savage
> Worlds?

I've thought of doing the Tuffleyverse as an RPG. I was thinking of one
of
the open source game systems (Mongoose Traveller, for instance) or a
system
of my own that I've been working on.

I haven't played Savage Worlds, though it's a system I want to try.

It should work, though there are a lot of holes to fill in. There's very
little in the fluff to suggest what life is like outside of the
military.
It's even kind of confusing as to what's happening on Earth between the
various factions. Is there combat on planet Earth, or has Earth been
declared a demilitarized zone with space battles fought as proxy wars?

There's lots of room for gaming. You could easily adapt several game
systems
to handle it.

--
Allan Goodall		 http://www.hyperbear.com
agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: [GZG] Weird Ideas and other games... Next: [GZG] Fiction - Night Flights