Prev: [GZG] Stargate Conversion: Wraith Next: [GZG] Fiction -

[GZG] Dirtside II chit puller/damage calculator now available

From: Andreas Udby <andreas.udby@g...>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 21:25:35 -0800
Subject: [GZG] Dirtside II chit puller/damage calculator now available

years ago, I put together a random chit-pulling utility for
Dirtside II. Well, I learned some Visual BASIC code that I realized
could be
really useful for this thing, so I took some time to reconstruct it
using
the new VBA code.

Along the way, I decided to flesh it out even further. The new version
allows you to select a weapon system, the weapon's class, the range, the
target, and the target's armor value. Then when you press the button, it
tells you the total effect on the target (*No Effect, BOOM!, Damaged,
Immobilized, Systems Down*) as well as any *"Systems Down – Firer"*
result
that might come out of it. It also shows you the actual chits pulled, in
case you want to double-check the spreadsheet's conclusion.

The only combat resolution situations not currently written into the
spreadsheet are infantry firefights and artillery fire. I'll probably
work
on incorporating artillery in the next version.

The spreadsheet is written for Excel 2003, which will work on later
versions
as well, and I've posted it to the Boardgamegeek page for DS2, and the
"Stargrunt-Fullthrust", "Dirtside_2_Players_Guild", and
"6mmScienceFictionWarGames" groups on Yahoo. I can also email it to
anyone
who wants it -- drop me a note at javelin98 AT lycos DOT com.

If the spreadsheet doesn't seem to work on your machine, check your
security
settings and allow macros to run. It's almost entirely macro-driven!

Thanks,
Andreas

Prev: [GZG] Stargate Conversion: Wraith Next: [GZG] Fiction -