Prev: Re: [GZG] Stargate Conversion: Goa'uld Ha'tak Next: Re: [GZG] How much acceleration do you need to

Re: [GZG] How much acceleration do you need to

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@h...>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 18:43:09 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] How much acceleration do you need to

I'm a bit dubious regarding the use of g-suits in F1, mostly because I
don't
> know how they'd work against lateral accelerations -- and I wonder if
anyone
> else does.

That was part of my point.

Tom misses the main thrust of my argument (which, I admit, I didn't make
forefully). F1 drivers are under g loads for two hours and it's
exhausting.
In fact, they are *not* under g loads *constantly *for two hours, though
they are under *some* g loads for most of that time. (The amount differs
per
track, I would think the Yas Marina circuit is one of the easier ones,
as it
has the longest straight in F1.)

Dogfights just don't last 2 hours. The length of time under g load is an
important consideration. That's why I brought up F1. F1 drivers are
conditioned athletes, and they're tired after 2 hours of racing. I can't
think of anyone else under those types of g loads for as long.

--
Allan Goodall		 http://www.hyperbear.com
agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: Re: [GZG] Stargate Conversion: Goa'uld Ha'tak Next: Re: [GZG] How much acceleration do you need to