Prev: Re: [GZG] Firecon chart/list? Next: Re: [GZG] Stargate Conversion: Goa'uld Ha'tak

Re: [GZG] Stargate Conversion: Goa'uld Ha'tak

From: Tom B <kaladorn@g...>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 15:35:40 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Stargate Conversion: Goa'uld Ha'tak

Ryan,

You have to make some judgements because FT ship construction may
consider more than one turret in SG to be a single battery or it may
allocate different crew numbers, etc. So it's all a guesswork to try
to get the feel right. And I'm not trying to match them to
conventional FB navies. Also, source materials vary in information and
don't always agree.

So far I've done the Prometheus and the Daedelus (X-303 and X-304
classes). I also did the Achilles (X-305 in my books).

http://www.thescifiworld.net/img/wallpapers/stargate/animaniac/animaniac
_66_1280x960.jpg

So, that said, first cut:

X-303 Prometheus Deep Space Battlecruiser
Mass 160
8 x Railgun Batteries (K-1, 360)
2 x Missile Batteries (SML, 2 salvos per, Front 180)
47 Hull in 6 Rows, 14 Shields (regenerating armour)
MD 4, FTL, Normal Sensors
1 ADFC (applies to railguns in PD mode and PDS)
2 PDS (CIWS)
3 FCs
8 F-302s in two bays, 2 squadrons of 4
2 Asgard Beaming Modules
1 Goa'uld Ring Transporter
2 small hangar bays
6 Core Systems (Normal + beaming systems, shield generator, and
sensors/comms)

X-304 Daedelus Deep Space Carrier
Mass 265
12 x Railgun Batteries (K-1, 360)
4 x Asgard Beams (F arc, Graser class 2)
2 x Missile Batteries (SML, 2 salvos per, Front 180)
60 Hull in 5 Rows, 25 Shields (regenerating armour)
MD 4, FTL, Normal Sensors
1 ADFC (applies to railguns in PD mode)
4 FCs
16 F-302s in two bays, 4 squadrons of 4
4 Asgard Beaming Modules
1 Goa'uld Ring Transporter
2 small hangar bays
Asgard Sensors (lets you see a lot of the other guys SSD)
6 Core Systems (Normal + beaming systems, shield generator, and
sensors/comms)

X-305 Achilles Deep Space Battleship [INCOMPLETE]
Mass ???
14 x Railgun Batteries (K-1, 360)
8 x Railgun Batteries (K-2, 3x F/PF/PA, 3x F/SF/SA, 1x PF/PA/A, 1x
SF/SA/A)
Not sure if it should have Asgard Beams
2 x Missile Batteries (SML-ER, 2 salvos per, Front 180)
??? Hull in 4 Rows, 30 Shields (regenerating armour)
MD 4, FTL, Normal Sensors
1 ADFC (applies to railguns in PD mode)
5 FCs
24 F-302s in two bays, 6 squadrons of 4
6 Asgard Beaming Modules
2 Goa'uld Ring Transporter
2 small hangar bays
Asgard Sensors (lets you see a lot of the other guys SSD)
6 Core Systems (Normal + beaming systems, shield generator, and
sensors/comms)

The notional Ha'tak looks (right now) like Mass 400. In addition to
the 60 mass of dynamically configurable beams, it carries 2000 goa'uld
troops, 15 ring transporters, 3 squadrons of Al'kesh bombers (torpedo
fighters) and 12 squadrons of death gliders (regular fighters).

I haven't got to the Ori yet, but I was weighing a classed Nova
Cannon, an HDC, or a massive Heavy Beam (EFSB).

Of course, I need to get the 4 304s, the 303, and the 4 Ha'taks
assembled and painted along with the 3 Wraith Cruisers and the Hive
Ship and the Ori Mothership before I can go into much testing.

I just wish someone in England would make me some not-F-302 and
not-puddle-jumpers and not-death-gliders and not-wraith-Darts. I might
be able to use some of the not-Centauri for the death gliders. But the
302 is a fairly unique shape as are puddle jumpers. The irony is we
have Not (UNSC) Hammerheads from a short lived and relatively paintul
series and no sign of not(various ships) from the longest sci-fi
serious other than the one starring Lethbridge Stewart. I think the
English are still mad about that. <grin>

Wraith I was going to actually consider some needle beams, given their
interest in capturing prey. Probably standard beams or the like too
since they seem to do ship destruction as well. Maybe a Pulser there.
They have their Darts. And they have piles of hull (at least on the
hive).

The Asgard get Grasers, sensors that see a lot and heavy shields and
asgard beaming systems (aka 'transporter').

The Ancient Drones are pretty potent stuff. Swarms of Fast, Attack
Fighters might represent them with successful attacks destroying some
of them. Maybe Torpedo Fighters, depending on how the numbers work
out.They seem to be able to destroy more than one ship and be flown
around like a fighter.

Anubis Ha'tak might get a huge HDC or Nova Cannon - the special weapon
on it could wipe out a continent or multiple ships in one shot. But
like the Wave Motion Gun, it had a power up time.

I haven't thought much about Replicators because they are the atomic
weapon....

Prev: Re: [GZG] Firecon chart/list? Next: Re: [GZG] Stargate Conversion: Goa'uld Ha'tak