Prev: Re: [GZG] Stargate Conversion: Goa'uld Ha'tak Next: [GZG] Stargate Conversion: Goa'uld Ha'tak

Re: [GZG] Firecon chart/list?

From: Tom B <kaladorn@g...>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 14:58:27 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Firecon chart/list?

Eric:

Thanks for the first cut. I think I poorly explained the categories
(except Type I which is no firecon).

I would have put Beams in IV because they require a firecon for every
target. I see why you put them in III (needs and FC per weapon type)
though as that is also true.

The distinction there was meant to be one I saw in ships with PTs and
Beams. I think PTs require an FC (could be confused here) for 1...N of
them. So do Beams. So they both need an FC. As I understand it, two
FCs would let them fire at two targets (PTs at one, Beams at another)
or one target. But one FC would not let them shoot at a single target
with both systems due to the requirement for PTs to have a firecon.

I have to agree with something Bob said to me offlist - Just having
most weapons there be a firecon available for their target (which
could aim several different weapons types conceivably) would be
easiest. Skip any restrictions that require a dedicated firecon to
fire at the same target with a different weapon. That would skew some
costing, but how badly, honestly?

Class V was thrown out because I thought there were some odd rules
surrounding FCs and PDS and B-1s. Both of those weapons can run in
anti-fighter or anti-ship mode and I thought the FC requirements
varied by mode (not required for anti-fighter but required for
anti-ship). That means they would not be tied to the weapon so much as
to the weapon mode. Of course, I may have this wrong too.

T.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Stargate Conversion: Goa'uld Ha'tak Next: [GZG] Stargate Conversion: Goa'uld Ha'tak