Prev: Re: [GZG] House rules, was Monster ships Next: Re: [GZG] House rules, was Monster ships

Re: [GZG] House rules, was Monster ships

From: John Tailby <john_tailby@x...>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 11:38:08 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [GZG] House rules, was Monster ships

overkill from one target to flow onto the next regardless of what type
of ordnance it is.

We recognised the significant advantage that advanced drives gave
in our cinematic games and as a result we changed the points cost to
mass times 5.

We generally run thrust 4 or so ships in our group the trade off in
manouverability being made up for the ability to reduce weapon arcs and
still get a good  concentation of firepower.

We have also seen what happens with ships that have very low speed and
manouverability when faced with missile waves they get hammered. This
has created a racial memory in our gaming group and that isn't something
they want to repeat.

One thing these threads have highlighted is that no one seems to be
playing the same rules but we still call it FT.

Prev: Re: [GZG] House rules, was Monster ships Next: Re: [GZG] House rules, was Monster ships