Prev: [GZG] Painfully Realistic Vector Movement Next: Re: [GZG] FT Vector: Alternative Fire Resolution Distance (Tom B)

Re: [GZG] FT Vector: Alternative Fire Resolution Distance (Tom B)

From: Indy <indy.kochte@g...>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 20:39:35 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] FT Vector: Alternative Fire Resolution Distance (Tom B)

2010 at 5:27 PM, Robert Mayberry
<robert.mayberry@gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks for this post--- I've been thinking about trying AV:T for a
> while and hadn't seen a real side-by-side comparison. I'm not
> interested in six-decimal-place accuracy, but the fundamental issues
> of space are important (ie: vector movement, reaction drive physics,
> etc).
>
> I'm still wondering if 3d really adds anything to the tactical feel of
> the game.

Makes ship designs different, offers more complexity to the rules, and
REALLY DAMNED WELL DEMONSTRATES how bloody difficult it is to create a
minefield in space (something utterly lost in 2D games)

Mk

Prev: [GZG] Painfully Realistic Vector Movement Next: Re: [GZG] FT Vector: Alternative Fire Resolution Distance (Tom B)