Prev: Re: [GZG] FT Vector: Alternative Fire Resolution Distance (Tom B) Next: Re: [GZG] FT Vector: Alternative Fire Resolution Distance (Tom B)

Re: [GZG] FT Vector: Alternative Fire Resolution Distance (Tom B)

From: John Tailby <john_tailby@x...>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 16:03:15 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [GZG] FT Vector: Alternative Fire Resolution Distance (Tom B)

to reflect altitudes impact on energy state. If you want to slow down
you can knock points off speed and then climb which will further reduce
your speed. Diving will quicky take you up to max speed. So you can
trade altitude for speed and vice versa.

Some planes have lower thrust so struggle to gain speed and climb others
have the ability to climb and increase speed because of their thrust
(power to weight ration).

A lot of AI missions we play involve a ground attack element so are at
quite low altitude. The game we played on Saturday one of the fighter
groups started too high and stayed up too high, this allowed their
bombers to get bounced before they could get down and support and when
they did come down they came down in a power dive and some of them got
picked off by fighters that had climed up and turned into their dive.

The game is very like WW2 or Vietnam type missions in feel.