Prev: Re: [GZG] Monster ships Next: Re: [GZG] Monster ships

Re: [GZG] Monster ships

From: Oerjan Ariander <orjan.ariander1@c...>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 19:40:30 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] Monster ships

Charles Lee wrote:

>>Also note that an MTM is only about as big as a Full Thrust
>>fighter, which is destroyed by PDS on a 4+. The missile itself is
>>not Mass 2; a fair bit of that Mass is the missile hardpoint
>>mounted on the ship. For a comparison, look at the Mass 4 SMR where
>>we know that the missile salvo itself is only Mass 2 (since that's
>>how big an SML reload using identical missiles is) - leaving 2
>>Mass, ie. 50% of the system's total Mass, for the rack part of
>>the  salvo missile rack.
>
>That Mass four is a reloadable system. MT is only ons shot rack
>unless you use one persons idea.

No, the Mass 4 SMR (Salvo Missile Rack) is just as single-shot as an
MTM. The reloadable version is the Salvo Missile Launcher+Magazine
combo, which is Mass *5* for a single shot (3 for the launcher, 2 for
a single standard-range salvo).

Regards,

Oerjan

Prev: Re: [GZG] Monster ships Next: Re: [GZG] Monster ships