Prev: Re: [GZG] How to do Stargate style shields as an FT FB system Next: Re: [GZG] FT Vector: Alternative Fire Resolution Distance

Re: [GZG] How to do Stargate style shields as an FT FB system

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 09:17:08 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] How to do Stargate style shields as an FT FB system

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 03:46:59AM -0500, Tom B wrote:

>So, ignoring for a moment the issues of mass or point cost, both of
>which would be phase two of this discussion, and trying to simply
>recreate the feel of the system in Stargate for a Stargate Universe
>mod of FB, any thoughts?

I think something along the lines of the "regenerating armour" that
various people have suggested for Star Trek and similar genres in FT is
probably the way to go. (I think the WDA has some.)

>My thoughts up front that may illustrate some ideas about the
>conversion in other particulars:

Are you modelling the nominal tech or the way the things work in
scenario terms? Human railguns don't have specially good armour
penetration, for example...