Prev: Re: [GZG] Monster ships Next: [GZG] Monster ships

Re: [GZG] Monster ships

From: Oerjan Ariander <orjan.ariander1@c...>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 21:11:26 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] Monster ships

Charles Lee wrote:

>1. As to MT missles dying 50% to Anti-air defences is like sayin
>lets use a 50 caliber machine gun to kill a inbound Scud. Ain't a
>real set of odds. The MT missles were smart and bigger than a fiter.

Nope. It is however very much like using a ~30mm autocannon to kill
an inbound ASM, which is exactly what today's gun-based PD systems
do. (OK, some of them use 25mm or 40mm autocannon instead, but you
get the point.)

Also note that an MTM is only about as big as a Full Thrust fighter,
which is destroyed by PDS on a 4+. The missile itself is not Mass 2;
a fair bit of that Mass is the missile hardpoint mounted on the ship.
For a comparison, look at the Mass 4 SMR where we know that the
missile salvo itself is only Mass 2 (since that's how big an SML
reload using identical missiles is) - leaving 2 Mass, ie. 50% of the
system's total Mass, for the rack part of the  salvo missile rack.

>2. They use fighter kill rolls on salvo verses whats in the book.

Interesting. Haven't seen that one described at all before, actually...

Regards,

Oerjan

Prev: Re: [GZG] Monster ships Next: [GZG] Monster ships