Prev: [GZG] Weapons and Defense Archives Next: Re: [GZG] Weapons and Defense Archives

[GZG] Monster ships

From: Simon White <mintroll-gzg-ft@2...>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 12:52:13 +0000
Subject: [GZG] Monster ships

I've been following the 'Monster ships' thread... and I've got to be
honest, it really is impossible to follow. I say this for three reasons:

1) Rules
There are different rule sets people are using (FT, MT, FB1, FB2, house
rules) regarding MT Missiles and Salvos. My group used some beta fighter
rules:
http://lists.firedrake.org/gzg/200403/msg00286.html
I'm sure we're pretty odd in that regard.

2) Campaign vs One-offs
If logistics, namely missile rearming and replacement aren't part of the
design decision... all missile ships are great. Otherwise, after one
battle
you're spent and that's no good for a campaign.

3) Ending the Battle
In our campaign we included B5 style jump engines, that required
charging... thus you could jump out (ie disengage) but not instantly.
There
was no jumping across the table, which was allowed to scroll in one
direction.
If you can jump in, fire all your missiles at long range, then jump
out...
missile attacks against static 'death stations' are possible.

This isn't meant as an attack on anyone... simply my view, when I read
many
Group
style is another obvious difference.

Simon

P.S. For next christmas, I'd like a copy of FT3.

Prev: [GZG] Weapons and Defense Archives Next: Re: [GZG] Weapons and Defense Archives