Prev: Re: [GZG] Official: FREE 15mm BATTLEFORCES! (with only one little catch...) Next: Re: [GZG] Official: FREE 15mm BATTLEFORCES! (with only one little catch...)

Re: [GZG] Official: FREE 15mm BATTLEFORCES! (with only one little catch...)

From: Fred Kiesche <godelescherbach@g...>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 12:51:29 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Official: FREE 15mm BATTLEFORCES! (with only one little catch...)

Supeb idea. I'd toss my hat into the ring, but I'm only now
getting back into miniatures after a gap of over a decade. But kudos to
you
for doing this and I look forward to the pictures from list members!

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 12:39 PM, Ground Zero Games <jon@gzg.com> wrote:

> [...]
had
> this morning with Paul Owen (our esteemed Web admin); we were
discussing the
> fact that while we are now trying to ensure we get photos for the
webstore
> of all the individual new codes we release, we have none showing the
special
> pack deals that we offer.
> We'd like to have some good quality pics that really show off the pack
> deals to best advantage, and there is simply no way I will ever get
round to
> having the time to do this myself - so we're asking if some of you
would
> like to do it.
>

> Most of you are probably familiar with the BATTLEFORCE deals we offer
on
> the 15mm Stargrunt range figures and vehicles - you get a good core
force to
> start your army; the exact composition depends on the pack you choose,
but
> in general you get a combined arms group consisting of a section or
platoon
> of armour, a platoon of mechanised infantry plus (where applicable) a
mix of
> support, recon, command elements etc., with various accessories and
extras
> thrown in as well - over £75.00 worth of minis for a deal price of
£60.00.

> Now, we want to give some of these BF deal packs away FREE (we'll even
send
> it to you post free)!
>
> The catch is, in return for one of these FREE packs we want you to
commit
> to ASSEMBLING AND PAINTING the minis in a reasonably short timeframe,
and
> sending us some decent photos of them which we can use to illustrate
the
> pack contents on our webstore, in adverts and so on.
>
> Obviously, you get to keep all the minis - all we want are the
pictures.
> You'll be putting in a good few hours of your hobby time, but in
return
> you'll have a finished army that you can use at no financial outlay -
so
> everybody wins!  ;-)
>
> We WOULD ask to see a pic or two of previous stuff that you've painted
(it
> doesn't have to be anything of ours, just something to show your
style) when
> you apply, but please don't be put off if you don't think your work is
of
> the highest standard. We are not asking for prizewinning painting
levels,
> though obviously we do want the results to look competent and
attractive.
> Even simple paint jobs (sprayed basecoat and some washing/drybrushing)
can
> [...]
either!

> 3) you have (or have access to) the facilities and equipment to take a
> number of qood quality, well lit, in-focus shots of the finished
minis, in
> groups and singly, and send the results to us by email.
>
> 4) you'd like about £75 worth of completely FREE minis in return for
some
> time and effort....
>
> ...then please drop me a line directly, to <jon@gzg.com>. Please
attach at
> least one pic of an example of your painting, and please let me know
which
> one(s) of the following forces you would be most interested in doing:
>
> TRACKED force
> HOVER (GEV) force
> WALKER force
> EARLY GRAV force
> HI-TECH GRAV force
> HI-MOBILITY WHEELED force
> KRA'VAK grav vehicle force
> 8-WHEELER force*
> AIRMOBILE (VTOL) force*
> ADVANCED GRAV force*
>
> (* these are ones where we haven't yet sorted out BF deals on them,
but I
> want to gauge interest in doing them....).
>
> We will need to get ONE of each force type done, so if you want to
give us
> several options in order of preference then that would make things
easier
> rather than everybody wanting to do one type!
> Please note that the INFANTRY nationality supplied with each force
will be
> to OUR choice, because we want to depict a good spread of options, but
if
> you have any particular likes/dislike feel free to mention them and
we'll
> try to take that into account.
>
> IMPORTANT: by replying to this request, you are merely expressing
interest
> - you are NOT actually committing yourself (or us) to anything at this
stage
> - we won't send anything out to anybody until we've confirmed and
agreed
> everything by email. However, by responding you do affirm that you are
able
> to fulfill the criteria mentioned above. Obviously we do reserve the
right
> to make all decisions about which offers we accept and reject.
>
> I'm posting this here on the GZG list first, but will probably follow
it up
> with postings to places like TMP, SFSFW, Dropship Horizon and so on -
but
> all you listers are getting to see it first - so over to you.....
>
> Jon (GZG)
>
> PS: IF we get enough response to this and it actually works out OK,
then we
> might consider extending it to cover the Fleet Deals of FT ships

F.P. Kiesche III  "Ah Mr. Gibbon, another damned, fat, square book.
Always,
scribble, scribble, scribble, eh?" (The Duke of Gloucester, on being
presented with Volume 2 of The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire.)
Blogging at The Lensman's Children.