Prev: Re: [GZG] Monster ships Next: Re: [GZG] Monster ships

Re: [GZG] Monster ships

From: John Tailby <john_tailby@x...>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 14:08:16 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Monster ships

to change how armour works.

Say you change the damage to 1d6 per hit and armour acts as a reduction
to damage so armour 4 is a -4 DRM then most light calibre shells bounce
off. larger guns would do more damage per hit say one d6 per 4" of
calibre.

You could also have a simple rule that said that fire over half range is
plunging and fire at short range is direct and into the belt if it hits
the hull.

IIRC much of the superstructure wasn't heavily armoured so you would
need a different kind of SSD to show what systems were inside the belt
and which  had armour like turrets and which didn't.

Could make for a more complicated ship design but might not make play
that much slower or more detailed.

But then there are many sets of naval rules that have already done the
job that converting FT would do.