Prev: Re: [GZG] why I began playing full thrust Next: Re: [GZG] why I began playing full thrust

Re: [GZG] why I began playing full thrust

From: Samuel Penn <sam@g...>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 19:28:47 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] why I began playing full thrust

On Sunday 03 January 2010 22:24:06 Ground Zero Games wrote:
> >On Sunday 03 January 2010 19:28:45 Doug Evans wrote:
> >>  Never fear, you've fan boys, too. We'll whip 'em up faster than
> >> you can deny them.
> >
> >Too late:
> >
> >http://www.glendale.org.uk/ft/starwars/designs/imperial.gif

> Oh dear.
>
> Has anyone actually let you play with that yet, Sam?	;-)

It was never really meant to be playable, however I did have a
model to match it:

http://www.glendale.org.uk/ft/photos/1997/destroyer.jpg

The 'small' ship is one of the larger FSE carriers.

Given that we regularly played with fleets worth around 12,000pts,
sometimes 4 fleets in a game, it probably wouldn't have been
that unbalanced points wise if I had fielded it, though would
probably have been vulnerable to nova cannons which were quite
commonly used back then.

Having use of the whole floor of a hall at the gaming club
made for some quite fun very large games.

Sam.

Prev: Re: [GZG] why I began playing full thrust Next: Re: [GZG] why I began playing full thrust