Prev: Re: [GZG] ground combat campaigns Next: Re: [GZG] ground combat campaigns

Re: [GZG] ground combat campaigns

From: Hugh Fisher <laranzu@o...>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 09:31:01 +1100
Subject: Re: [GZG] ground combat campaigns

At 1:43 PM -0700 28/12/09, Richard Bell wrote:
>I suspect that the most realistic FT campaign would have a space
>master who knows everything, all of the time, two strategic commanders
>that make decisions based on what information gets forwarded to them,
>and a pool of players that make the local decisions write the reports
>that get sent up the decision chain.

How about a late Roman / Justinian Byzantine era political
setup with several space masters and strategic commanders?

Ideally the "court" is several role players who are all
jockeying for power and favour within the political system
and don't really care what happens on the frontiers. The
"generals" are the miniatures players who just want to lead
armadas and fight battles...but the court decides what
resources each generals gets.

It would help solve the domino effect of compounding assets,
because successful generals would be nobbled by their own
side appointing their own favourites in charge of newly
conquered territories, insisting that advances be made
equally on all fronts, and so on.

Fits in well with decadent empire space opera genres such
as Asimov's Foundation.

	cheers,
	Hugh

Prev: Re: [GZG] ground combat campaigns Next: Re: [GZG] ground combat campaigns