Prev: Re: [GZG] ground combat campaigns Next: Re: [GZG] ground combat campaigns

Re: [GZG] ground combat campaigns

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 12:01:24 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] ground combat campaigns

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 11:48 AM, Oerjan Ariander
<orjan.ariander1@comhem.se> wrote:

> Well... it *could* go that way. Or it could go "I won this battle, the
enemy
> fell back on his base areas - so now I have even more systems to cover
with
> slightly fewer ships than I had before, and it'll take my
reinforcements
> even longer to reach me..." :-7

It all depends on the loss rates for victor and loser, as the
assumptions about rate of replacement for both ships and crews.

In most Full Thrust games I've played, unless you totally guess wrong
or otherwise screw the pooch in a major way, the loss ratios are
pretty high for both sides.  Not mutual annihilation, but not far from
it either.  Frankly, I'm not sure either side would be in a position
to do much after a major battle.  Again, this depends on your
assumptions for crew recovery, crew replacement, and ship building
speed and capability.

John
--Vita Aureliani

Prev: Re: [GZG] ground combat campaigns Next: Re: [GZG] ground combat campaigns