Prev: Re: [GZG] The worst die roll possible Next: Re: [GZG] The worst die roll possible

Re: [GZG] Real Life catches up to, passes(?), Star Grunt weaponry

From: Oerjan Ariander <orjan.ariander1@c...>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 22:09:53 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] Real Life catches up to, passes(?), Star Grunt weaponry

John Atkinson wrote:

> > I'd heard a lot of suggestion that they'd need to stay with
something
> > in the 40mm range to get a truly effective weapon. I recall 20mm
being
> > way too small to be effective. Is 25mm big enough? I guess we'll
see.
> > And we'll see if they've ironed our reliability/robustness issues.
>
>25mm HE works, just ask the Bradley guys.  :)

Well... the Bradley cannon has a *slightly* higher ROF and muzzle
velocity than the XM-25 <g>, so it can both put more rounds on target
in the same time and get them there with a bit of extra KE to improve
the damage potential (penetrating further into stuff before exploding,
etc)...

Later,

Oerjan

Prev: Re: [GZG] The worst die roll possible Next: Re: [GZG] The worst die roll possible