Prev: [GZG] Holodeck Humor was: Screens versus Advanced Screens in Cross Dimensions? Next: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Games Expo next weekend!

Re: [GZG] Holodeck Humor was: Screens versus Advanced Screens in Cross Dimensions?

From: Eric Foley <stiltman@t...>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 01:14:53 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Holodeck Humor was: Screens versus Advanced Screens in Cross Dimensions?

-----Original Message-----
>From: Mike Stanczyk <stanczyk@pcisys.net>
>On Fri, 22 May 2009, Eric Foley wrote:
>> At least the transporter fuses are still better than the safety codes
for
>> the holodecks, which is to say, nobody cared if the things repeatedly
>> malfunctioned in life- or ship-threatening fashion, people kept using
them
>> anyway.

>The Holodeck porn must be *really* good to keep risking life and
limb...

>Maybe overriding the porn filter on the holodeck disables the safety
system.

Heh.  I distinctly recall a Deep Space 9 episode (which was always my
favorite of the spin-offs, simply because almost all of the stories were
based on the characters and few or no plots in any given season were
solved with, "Captain, I have the answer, all I have to do is
reskedaddify the babbletronic matrix so that it reverses the
bullshitonic polarity...!") where Quark is muttering to somebody when
they're contemplating the Dominion taking over the station, speaking
glumly of how the three dominant species of the Dominion are
particularly ill-suited for his business.  "The Founders don't eat,
don't drink, and don't have sex.  And if that's not enough, the
Jem-Haddar don't eat, they don't drink... and they don't have sex
either."  To which whoever he's talking to responds, "Well, cheer up!
For all you know, the Vorta are alcoholic, gluttonous sex addicts!"

E/Stilt Man