Prev: [GZG] Reduce Ab Adsurdum Re: The Great Premeasuring Monkey Dance Next: Re: [GZG] The Great Premeasuring Monkey Dance

Re: [GZG] The Great Premeasuring Monkey Dance

From: emu2020@c...
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 18:18:45 +0000 (UTC)
Subject: Re: [GZG] The Great Premeasuring Monkey Dance

Personally I think that limiting premeasuring in games is a bit overly
anal. In addition to my feeling that it is trying to force somethign
overly serious into a game, there is also the argument that modern
sensors and plotting, planning, etc, make premeasuring perfectly
reasonable and not just in a limited fassion.

When you consider that current radar systems can easily tracks hundreds
if not thousands of objects simultaneously then I would imagine that
futuristic sensors would have exceded this to the point of offering
nearly complete situational awareness in real time. Even the common
infantry soldier with a pretty much normal tech level in FT should be
able to benefit from range-finders, battle comps and relays to sensor
nets in orbit or from aerial support and drones.

Premeasuring should be the norm not the exception.

-Eli