Prev: Re: [GZG] Opening a can of worms - for fun. (was: Re: Cinematic Vs Vector for Dummies Re: Running Full Thrust at a con? Next: Re: [GZG] Measuring was: - Re: Opening a can of worms - for fun.(was: Re: CinematicVs Vector for Dummies Re: Running FullThrust at a con?

Re: [GZG] Measuring was: - Re: Opening a can of worms - for fun. (was: Re: CinematicVs Vector for Dummies Re: Running Full Thrust at a con?

From: "Robyn Stott" <rodstott@a...>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 12:25:06 +1000
Subject: Re: [GZG] Measuring was: - Re: Opening a can of worms - for fun. (was: Re: CinematicVs Vector for Dummies Re: Running Full Thrust at a con?

make up a 5 foot measuring stick for games, one side and edge painted in
foot long segments, and the other side and edge painted in 6 inch
segments (blue and black paint), so instead of getting out a tape, and
fiddling about with that, I would hold the stick above the minatures and
count the range brackets (based on 6 or 12 inch increments) - so in this
case measuring didn't really slow anything down.
Only if you wanted to get the fine range did the tape measure come out,
but for most everything else, the questions were: was it within range,
and if so what bracket (for selecting the target, or for determining
what range it was to the target you already selected.

Robyn Stott